Bearded dragons, as the name suggests, are not dragons with a beard. Instead, they are wild lizards. Their scientific name is, Pogona, and they belong to the family of lizards. Their common name is the bearded dragon. They have a spiny body, just like a dragon, and scales like that of a reptile. Since they have spikes on the chin, it looks like they have a beard made of spines. This explains why they are called bearded dragons. They are extremely gentle, unlike the other wild lizards. They remain active throughout the day and are very inquisitive. People even pet bearded dragons. Now the question that most people ask before breeding them is Can Bearded Dragons Eat Blueberries? The bearded dragons are not choosy when it comes to eating. They have extremely strong jaws, and using them; they can eat beetles and other hard-shelled things. Apart from that, the omnivores eat fruits, leaves, flowers, and sometimes lizards, as well as rodents.
The bearded dragons prefer living in hot and arid temperatures. They are found in Australia and woodlands, scrublands, and savannah. Their different breeds are found in the USA as well. These animals are cold-blooded animals, which is why they need external sources of heat to keep them warm.
Let’s Take A Look At The Things That The Bearded Dragons Can Eat
There are numerous things that a bearded dragon can eat. However, people are still quarreling over the question that Can Bearded Dragons Eat Blueberries or not. Here is a list of things that they can and cannot eat.
- Blueberries: Can Bearded Dragons Eat Blueberries is the most common question asked by people. Yes, they can eat them occasionally. They are enhanced with vitamin C and vitamin K. However, excess of anything is bad. So, if you feed the bearded dragon with excessive blueberries, then they might fail in receiving calcium because of the presence of a high amount of oxalates.
- Strawberries: strawberries are marvelous food items and should be consumed by bearded dragons. They have a rich quantity of vitamin C, folate, manganese, and potassium. They are also enriched with oxalates and should be fed less.
- Oranges: It’s a big no orange because it is a citrus fruit and they are acidic. It can create problems for the bearded dragon. It can be the reason for gastric problems in your dragon.
- Apples: Apples are a marvelous choice of fruits. You must feed your bearded dragon with an apple. But make sure that you peel them before feeding them and cut them into tiny pieces.
- Bananas: You can feed your dragon with bananas occasionally. Feeding them with bananas in excess can be bad for their health because of the high amounts of calcium and potassium present in them.
To recapitulate, I hope you all have got the answer to Can Bearded Dragons Eat Blueberries or not. As far as living organisms are concerned, there are always going to be certain implications of eating anything. So, we must eat smartly and never overlook the effects it can have on us.